Discover Your Sales Potential | Make Informed Business Decisions | Grow Stronger
There can be nothing worse than being forced look at sales results that continue to disappoint.
Sales outputs that don’t match your needs, expectations or ambitions.
With the added uncertainty associated of not knowing specifically how to make them better, without the risk of making them worse!
If this is where you find yourself at the moment, I want to tell you that you can take back control, and that low risk growth is available to you today.
Putting you back in control of your sales performance, sales turnaround, sales improvement is what I do.
You’d be surprised how fast things can change when you know what to do, and what sales levers to pull.
Book a call (0779 002 1885) and let’s chat today, because you have choices, and there are fixes available to help you get the sales results you need and deserve.
Here are two recent case studies…
Software company – tripled the average order value in 2 months, reduced no shows to demos by 80%, went from 1:26 close rate to 1:3 close rate. Neutralised a 80k month loss within 4 months
Business services organisation – 300% increase in sales revenue in year 1, 60% margin and a average order value increase of 52% in less than 6 months.
Sales success achieved using a proven sales improvement methodology.
It works for all sectors, and it can work for you, directly impacting revenue, margin, conversion rates and cash flow.
The Morton Kyle Sales Audit (Sales Insights) is the first step.
The impact can be measured in days! Payback within weeks.
That’s why I designed the Morton Kyle Sales Insights Audit | Sales Improvement
I designed this sales audit as part of a research project with Sheffield University, as part of my MBA.
Having worked in sales for over 30 years, I realised that so many organisations simply failed to get the sales results they needed, and any sales improvement fixes seemed to be long, expensive and ran out of steam before they achieved their goals.
I knew there was a better way….
So Morton Kyle Sales Insight Audit was born…
- No fluff.
- No complications.
- Crystal clear insights
- Fast action plans
- Just facts!
- Direct feedback
All typically delivered in less than 14 days.
So you get all the data, information, knowledge to give you the confidence you need to make positive and profitable changes that improve sales.
Using this has allowed my clients to move away from ‘hope’ as a strategy, with the chance to progress towards predictable, stable and positive growth….
Your sales audit will give you everything you need to take back control, fix the leaks and look to a positive sales future.
Your Sales Insight Audit means you can:
- Just getting by every month
- Holding on….hoping for better results this month.
- Leaving your revenue and margin at risk to market conditions
- Hoping you can trade through a lean period, a dip, a sales plateau
- Having your lunch money stolen by lesser competitors
- Enjoying leading a sales function again.
- Planning for success
- Moving the right sales improvement levers
- Taking control of the sales results
- Being able to generate accurate sales forecasts
- Being positive about what the sales function can deliver
Discover how today – book your call now for a no-obligation chat.
What is a Sales Audit ?
Some clients call it their crystal ball!
Because your sales audit provides absolute clarity on over 45 key sales metrics. With this amount of analysis around the sales function, sales results, input, outputs and actions, there is no place to hide.
Transparency all along the sales process is key, critical sales KPI’s that you can work with on a micro level to change the macro results. Done this way you get to look at sales performance through different sales improvement lenses.
A Sales Audit is the:
- Fastest way to establish a firm foundation to improve your sales results
- Start your journey towards building the sales and business development function you really want.
- Build a sales improvement plan that will engage the whole sales function (and maybe marketing! too)
- Introduce proactive performance management and continuous sales improvement
- Assign accountabilities with clarity.
- Improve motivation in the sales function
Sales Audit – Meaningful data is the key to sales improvement
Many organisations struggle to get meaningful information out of their sales function.
If that’s you, if probably means any improvement efforts are akin to walking a tight-rope blindfolded and in the dark!
But not anymore.
As part of your Sales Audit you’ll get access to an easy to use, tailored sales dashboard designed just for your organisation.
You’ll use this use to navigate moving forward. It’s your sales north star.
- See it
- Know how they contribute
- Measure how they’re performing
- Know what they need to do
- Take responsibility for their contribution
You really will be in control of your own sales improvement (although support is also available if you need it)
So, whether you’re:
- Pushing through a sales plateau
- Gearing up for a new quarter
- Keen to refocus the sales function or
- Simply curious to see if you’re running the most effective and efficient sales operation…
Then a sales audit process should be your first step.
So, still wondering if a Sales Audit is for you? Then answer this
How would your day-to day business decision making ability and confidence change if you had in depth insight into your sales function, insight to such a degree that you could make informed business decisions on:
- How to increase sales performance within your business today
- Your sales function competency in terms of people, skills, process, practices and potential
- The real activity levels (versus current) required to hit and exceed targets
- The relationship between activities, value added activities and profit generating activities
- Profitable sectors, targets and propositions versus unprofitable sectors, targets and propositions
- Eliminating fluctuating, inconsistent or erratic sales forecasts by bringing 100% clarity to the pipeline management
- Improving sales profitability, average order value, spend per client and turnover
- Why you are losing business…and what you can do about it
- How to increase prices, why you should and how to sell it in!
- How your customer and prospect interface with your business
- Maximising up selling, cross selling, retention and win back
- Your CRM use (and abuse)
- Lead conversion across various criteria including lead source, decision maker type, sector, sales person, region
- Who in your sales team has the greatest potential to increase sales performance, versus those who should be performance managed
- Lead creation in terms of how you should be filling the sales funnel and with what quality opportunities in order to get the sales results you want, on a consistent basis
- Why you are dropping sales, why your competitors are winning business that belongs to you and what you could do about it
- Pricing dynamics in line with your value proposition
- Discounting – how prevalent is it, how to get rid of it and how to increase your prices and still win business
- Value creation, how robust is your ROI demonstration
- Sales Potential – what are your sales team sitting on that’s stopping your business growth and suppressing profits
And what’s your not knowing all of this actually costing your business today?
It’s a sales health check, a tool to refocus accountabilities, to burst through a sales plateau and level up to your sales potential….
Over the years my clients have consistently told me that they valued the sales audit because it delivered key insights to help them to identify where they could do better , showed them how to consistently increase sales results, and build some resilience into the function so they could confidently invest and try new things, all of which has ultimately helped them to build a scale-able sales function.
Sales results invariably spike once the business focuses on key revenue generating activities consistently. They can spike even higher once everyone is on the same page and pulling in the same direction. And with the right management information, this becomes very possible…
So if you’ve got friction between sales and marketing, if your marketing budget is off the rails, or you’ve got sales prima-donna’s trying to rule the roust, then with the right management information, the drama drops away!
A sales audit has helped past clients get firm wide attention on making the sales process and sales function as efficient and as effective as possible. It realigns sales activities with the business strategy, and results with ambitions!
My clients also tell me that the Sales Audit:
- Put them back in control of their sales function.
- Clarified their understanding around key sales issues and sales results.
- Helped them make better decisions within their sales strategy.
- Gave them a greater insight into the functionality and operational efficiency of their sales function.
- Showed them where the key issues were that were negatively impacting business performance.
- Gave them clear guidance on what to change and what they can leave well alone.
- Took the risk out of making changes in the sales function and the business.
These are all key to any business change program especially when you consider the cost of getting it wrong, like…
- Meddling with parts of the sales processes that are working well
- Missing out on revenue that could be yours if only you could build more value
- Putting sales staff under unnecessary stress to adopt new ways of working only to find out that wasn’t the problem after all
- Sending sales performance into a nose dive and losing clients as a result
- Wasting time and money on outputs that were already optimised
- Recruiting more bodies on to the sales team to compensate for current under-performance (tip – this never works)
- Causing good / high performing sales staff to leave
- Wasting good quality sales opportunities because they’re not being handled expertly or commercially
- Building incentive and reward mechanisms that have zero chance of success
Still think you’d like to carry on doing what you’re doing, getting the results your getting?
Your Sales Audit | Improving Sales Performance | You can get started today!
So, your sales audit is the first step on the journey to making both your sales function and your business work better.
That means, you get a insights in to developing better quality business, higher profits, greater turnover, more sales, bigger market share and a position of elevation in the competitive pool of suppliers all chasing after your customers and prospects.
You also start the journey towards improving your levels of business certainty, predictability, stability and security.
Those are important elements in today’s fast pace world where competitors can be across the world, government legislation can change at the stroke of a pen, or simply your key sales person could leaves…change is all around but it doesn’t need to cause chaos.
And, after all, your business deserves to be in the very best position possible.
You deserve that.
So…What is included in YOUR Sales Audit?
Whatever you want it to be!
It’s your sales function, your quest to improve, in many ways, the scale and scope of your tailored sales audit depends on the problem identified, the manifestation of those problems and the impact of those problems.
A Sales Audit will strip and analyse the sales function’s performance – results, profitability, activity, pricing, conversions, lost sales analysis are just the starting points.
It will include interviews with the sales team, sales leaders, sales management and any associated revenue generating/customer interfacing staff.
The Sales Audit will also include a root and branch analysis on the sales funnel, sales pipeline and sales forecasting.
Work will be undertaken to explore the revenue generating business activity focusing on the:
- Target sectors
- Decision makers
- Sales proposition
- Value proposition
- Sales process
- Competitor positioning
- Sales skills
- Key sales metrics
- Sales management and motivation
- Reward and recognition
- Cross sell/ up sell frameworks
- Sales leakage points
- Lead generation
- Sales leadership
- Performance management
As well as any specific areas of sales and business development concern because after all, every business and business challenge is unique.
Improving Sales Performance | What’s the output from a Sales Audit?
Post Sales Audit you receive the following:
A Fast Action Pack containing:
- Full report on the findings
- In depth Sales Leakage Report – invaluable for Continuous Sales Improvement
- A detailed list of Problems, Consequences and Solutions
- A 30 day action plan addressing the key problems (key problems are those typically identified as being able to be resolved quickly, and where there will be the biggest positive impact on the sales results)
- A half day boardroom style Q and A session with key managers and directors from your business to discuss findings and how these fill drive an increase in sales performance, sales results, margin and revenues
A Sales Audit is not just about understanding what’s happened in the past.
A Sales Audit is a Gateway Event.
It’s vital in planning for the future….if you want a few examples of past clients who have used Sales Audits to avoid costly sales improvement programs that wouldn’t have delivered then check out the link – Sales Audit Case Studies
Improving Sales Performance Today and Future-Proofing Your Sales Results using a Sales Insight Audit
Your tailored Sales Audit is a chance for you to start asking some interested future based sales questions – questions like:
- What potential does your business have for accelerated sales growth?
- How many of your competitors should you be beating every single time you compete?
- How is your service/product meeting the changing needs of your customer bases?
- What are the easy win lead generation sources you’re missing out on?
- What cross sales/ up sell opportunities are you missing?
- Where are you leaking sales in your sales process?
- Why are you losing business you should be winning?
- How are you making your business stand out from a sea of ‘me-too’ competitors?
- How effective is your lead generation and lead qualification process?
- Is your sales funnel working or is it just a parking ground for business of questionable value?
- Are your sales team creating opportunities or simply waiting for opportunities to come in via email/telephone?
- What’s your referral process?
- What’s your current average order value and what should it be?
- What clients/business should you ditch today and why?
- Is this really as good as your sales /business development function gets?
- What metrics are you using to measure sales effectiveness and are they the right metrics?
You Get Control!
See, a Sales Audit will give you as much detail as you need to sign post your growth, your value proposition, your pricing and your sales channels.
You might also want to incorporate a slightly broader scope sales audit to build in your own internal audit checklist for sales and marketing, bridging both critical areas. After all, how much do you actually know about your marketing spend in terms of it’s ROI and value for money? Auditing cost of sales will open a whole new field of discussions!
And, finally, you also get full knowledge transfer.
I’ll show you how to audit sales for yourself….you can be your own sales trouble shooter, fully embracing a continuous sales improvement culture
No sales audit takes place in isolation from the rest of the business therefore the first step to considering if a Sales Audit is appropriate for your business is to sit down and have a chat about the sales results you’re not getting because knowing what you don’t want is critical to any future success.
To book your no obligation meeting to discuss the sales results you’d like to see in your business, just complete your details here and I’ll call you back
[contact-form-7 id=”9529″ title=”Sales Insight Audit”]
Or, call 0779 002 1885 and book your initial confidential consultation to explore how your business would increase sales performance and benefit from an in depth sales audit.
Hi, thanks for visiting….if you’re looking to increase or optimise your sales results, then please book a call to discuss how I can help you (use the links at the end of this box for direct message options) If you need a few more details, then here you go…. I’m an experienced data-driven, analytical sales trainer and sales improvement specialist. Proud to design sales training and sales improvement solutions that stick! Happy to share some insights if you want a quick steer – just book a call, especially if you’re not seeing the sales results you’d like, you’re struggling to know what to do next, or you’d really like to give your competitors something to worry about!
What’s you sales challenge?